We are looking for a structural design engineer with zero to five years working knowledge of structural design and engineering techniques. Responsible for planning and conducting design work on building structures requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and application of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria for various project types, including but not limited to concrete, steel, masonry and wood.
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills and experience.
- Structural engineering plans, design and layout. Layout and detail portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer.
- Provide drawings and/or sketches for designs to be incorporated in construction drawings by drafters.
- Research design options for project lead engineer.
- Review shop drawings.
- May serve as Project Engineer and as Client contact on projects.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering design documents.
- Attend and participate in project meetings. Perform field activities such as observation of construction progress and existing field conditions.
- Effectively communicate project progress and issues to the design team and maintain communication with the team members throughout the course of the project.
- Capable in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering. Masters Degree preferred, but not required.
Technical Skills (General knowledge of the following preferred)
- ADAPT Structural Concrete Software